Kthehu lart

PM Haradinaj: My Office applied for the US visa, I received no answer

PM Haradinaj: My Office applied for the US visa, I received no answer GazetaExpress

Kosovo Prime Minister, Ramush Haradinaj, commenting on Tuesday cancellation of his planned trip to the US state of Iowa said that his Office applied for the US visa on his behalf, confirming that he received no answer from the US Embassy in Pristina.

“My office has applied, there were many events which I wish to attend. I received no answer whatsoever,” said Haradinaj answering to journalists questions on Tuesday after a meeting with Pristina mayor, Shpend Ahmeti. Haradinaj was asked whether not grating visa by the US Embassy is a form of punishment for his stance against the Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecution Office. Haradinaj reiterated on Tuesday that if the initiative of Kosovo MPs to abrogate the Law makes it to the plenary session, his party – the AAK will vote in favour of repealing the Law.

Radio Free Europe reported on Monday that Haradinaj's visit to the U.S. had been cancelled as he had not been issued a visa. Iowa National Guard spokesperson, Greg Hapgood, confirmed to Radio Free Europe that the explanation was that the visit could not take place and that he could not provide more information. Haradinaj was scheduled to attend an event, organized by Iowa National Guard Adjutant General Timothy Orr on 11 January. The radio also reported that this situation followed harsh criticism from the international community, led by the U.S., of Pristina's intention to abolish the Kosovo's war crimes court. 

    Date: 09 January 2018 13:21
    Author: GazetaExpress